Monday, December 6, 2010

'Tis the Season!

With the weather turning cold early this year, it only seemed fitting to get-a-move-on and get our lights up and decorate the tree. This is probably the earliest we have done this for a few years, although we always have good intentions. It's always the kids who get "ants in their pants" in regards to getting things done in a timely manner. Actually, Michaela is the biggest culprit (and I mean that in the nicest way!) She is the "Christmas Guardian Angel" - for everyone! Here she is helping dad string the lights on the house. (Dad's around the corner on the ladder)
This year the biggest problem was trying to find a night when everyone was home to decorate the tree. Between Landon's basketball games, and Michaela working till 10 at night most nights, it ended up being Saturday night for it to happen. And it's only December 4th! Yay for us...
The kid's favorite ornaments, by far, are the ones that Grandma and Grandpa Packard gave us through the years when he was a congressman back in Washington D.C. They each pick out their stash of White House ornaments to put up and place them where they want them. Of course, they all have an opinion on where they all should go!

Michaela putting the "star" on the tree. We have never had a real star, but this big bow has become a cool tradition. They won't let me buy a star - I know, because I've tried to and I get shot down every year. I'm okay with it though because this is how it should be...

Kevin picked up this little 6 footer last year to put in our front window. My kids think it reminds them of Target because it's red and white. They don't want any other ornaments on it. At night it looks pretty celestial, it's so bright.


4 comments:

Lexie & Sharrid said...

Yay! It looks great! Can't wait to see everyone when you come down, it's always a huge to do!

I miss decorating the tree with the family, but things are starting to become really fun with my own little family too. It's really really hard to make the transistion. I never dreamed of how hard it would be...you should have told me. I don't know, maybe it's just me and you took it easy...

Lott's Wife said...

We opted OUT of a tree this year....don't ask...too much. Maybe back to traditions next year - you going to Kristen's wedding jan 15th in Utah??? Reason I'm asking is cause my son Jordan gets married the same day - in Mt Timp temple...there's GOT to be a way that you can make both!!!! sending you an invite though...

Lexie & Sharrid said...

I just can't get over that quilt, it is so beuatiful! Do you have any of the fabics left over? She's going to just love it! I think I need something made out of that fabric!!

Super Coopers said...

That's so funny the kids think of this as their target tree.It's pretty cool. With the lights off it must be so beautiful.