High School Tag
1. Did you date someone from your school? I dated a few, when I was in HS! wink,wink.
2. What kind of car did you drive? I had a small Suzuki (enduro) motorcycle and a 1965 VW Bug (with a sun roof and ski rack).
3. Were you a party animal? I'm not sure I understand the question, wink, wink.
5. Were you in band, orchestra or choir? No. I wish that we would have been encouraged (forced)more toward those things.
6. What was your most embarrassing moment in high school? I'm not sure I ever got embarassed much, but when I was a sophmore, a senior (I think it was Roger Rampton, a Navajo boy) was encouraging me to grow and said "you grow like a weed!" The name stuck and I got called "weed" a lot during HS, which most people probably thought meant something different!
7. Were you a nerd? No, I wasn't smart enough to be a NERD!
8. Were you on varsity teams? I was a Varsity Wrestler... 105 lbs. as a junior and 112 lbs. as a senior.
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled? I got sent home a few times and couldn't return until I got my hair cut. The school rules at the time didn't allow hair to go past your collar in the back or completely cover your ears (the lobe had to show).
10. Can you still sing the fight song? I think I could fake my way through it, just like in HS!
11. Who were your favorite teachers? My English Teacher, Scott Truman who was also my wrestling coach and ski club advisor and Mary Phoenix my debate, play productions and communications teacher (three years). I was her aid my senior year.
12. What was your school's full name? DIXIE High School
13. School mascot? Flyers
14. Did you go to the Homecoming dance and with who? I went as a junior and as a senior...my senior year I went with Annelaurie Howell.
15. If you could go back again, would you? I don;t think so. I was lucky to survive the first time. I wouldn't mind another shot from the academic aspect and actually take some classes that would have prepared me for college. (HS school for me was mostly a social experience).
16. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember it was held in the gym and I sat next to Charlotte Williams (as we always did , being w's). As soon as the ceremony was over all my friends and I had a big party at the dry lake bed up the old dump road and then most everyone ended up spending the night at the city park.
17. Where did you go senior skip day? The class went to Ivins Reservior for a water skiing party. Tyler Esplin, Rock Winegar, Kevin Leany and I went rafting down the Virgin River. We capsized over a falls and I was lucky not to drown, the raft got away and later stolen by workers on the road project through the gorge (it wasn't open yet). YES! another great adventure!
18. Were you in a club? Yes. Ski Club and Letermen's club. I wasn't much of a club guy, but Ski trips, are you kidding me?!
19. Have you gained some weight since then? YES, finally! I have gained about 40 lbs. I've also grown about 5" taller. (I was pretty small in HS)
20. Who was your prom date? Homecoming was a bigger deal than prom back then, I think I went to prom once, but I'm not sure who I went with. (It was VERY memorable!)
21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? I've been to several reunions (we have them every 5 years). We just had our 35th year reunion about a month ago. Our class was pretty close and most of us like each other.
22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Take some real classes. School was mostly a chance to hang out with friends, play sports and party.
1 day ago